Saturday, January 8, 2011

31st birthday!







Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday Mommy to be, Happy Birthday to me! January 7th I turned 31! Could you believe I am 31 years old, wow time has not flown by, but I feel a little aged when I hear 31! Hahaha! And what have I done in this last decade of my most wonderful, blessed, and appreciative life:



-Ran NCAA div. 1 Track and Cross Country for UTEP



-Graduated with my B.S. from UTEP with an ALL-Academics Athletic award and a few others!



-Got engaged to my bestfriend-Joey and then went to BOSTON for the first time!



-Graduated with M.S. from UNT with awards and honors also, as a teaching fellow and assistant!



-Ran my first marathon and then MARRIED THE MAN OF MY DREAMS- JOEY!



These last two bullets were all in the same month... is was crazy!



-Received my teaching certification in Math and Science!



-Been teaching math at the same middle school since 2006!



-Won the teacher of the month every year so far (except they do not do it this year:-( and was honored as Most Distinguished Educator for my school in my district in 2010!



-Ran the Nike Womens Marathon, Rock n Roll San Antonio/Dallas Marathons, Houston Marathon, Non-Chicago Marathon (due to pregnancy), Qualified and RAN THE BOSTON MARATHON in April 2010!



-I got two more tattoos and the most exciting one was in May 2010!



-We finally got pregnant with our first baby in May 2010, after two years of trying!



-Have been preparing to be awesome, caring, and loving parents ever since!!!!!






There is probably a lot of stuff missing, but these are the few that I could think of off the top of my head:-)






Enjoy my Birthday pictures of my belly!!!!!!



Retta

3 comments:

  1. also, met the most amazing friend ever!! Me!!!! (Aren't I humble???) and I love how you did a face shot with your belly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you are right! I met the most amazing friend ever!!!! And I guess I am now ready to take ownership of the magnificent baby inside my tummy which is increasing each day! lol! And that is why i have a hat on! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant ownership of the belly with the most magnificent baby inside!

    ReplyDelete